Dear valued patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal lives and routines. We are excited to announce that, based on the latest local and state-wide public health guidelines, our office has resumed all dental care. Thank you for your patience and support during this challenging time. We look forward to seeing you back at our office.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and our team members safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- We will be screening patients over the phone for COVID-19 symptoms. You may be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- All patients are advised to wear a face mask or covering when arriving to their appointments.
- We will be checking temperatures with a non-contact thermometer before entry.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We have hand sanitizers that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We are disinfecting all common areas such as door handles, knobs, chairs, public surfaces both in the treatment rooms and the reception room on a frequent basis.
- We have purchased extra dental products and equipment that will be used during dental procedures to reduce aerosol spread in the office and increase safety for everyone. You may view them here.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (415) 386-0790 or visit our website at wayneleedds.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Wayne Lee and Team